Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Amel54 SSB installation

eric freedman

Dean,

When I had Kimberlite built. Jean Jacques was adamant about not installing a backstay antenna.

My experience with my other boats is that it is difficult to keep the water out of the coax over time.

My whip antenna is still not degrading, however it could use a touch up of the paint .

I don’t know if my antenna is fiberglass, upon looking at the missing spots of paint it looks like aluminum, but I am not sure.

I have had the antenna on Kimberlite for 16  years.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376