From: Richard Piller
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: 11/14/2008 3:46:26 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel] FORESTAY BOLT

Hi, when trying to change the head stay or the bolt you need to do the following;
1- back off on the back stays at the Mizzen
2- back off on the back stay for the main mast that is in the cockpit
3- back off the aft lowers
4- back off the head stay itself

Now don't pick a day with winds when you do this as the mast becomes less then stable.
Use the balloner halyard to support the mast coming forward and pull it with the windlass using the rope wheel so you don't pull to hard.

that should do it.
best of luck
Richard on SM 209 in Corsica