Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Amel54 SSB installation

eric freedman

HI dean,

I meant to say GTO15 wire and not coax.

ON ONE OF MY PREVIOUS BOATS I HAD A PROBLEM WITH THAT WIRE.

THE SEAWATER RAN DOWN THE WIRE INTO A LOCKER AND THEN UPHILL INTO THE TUNER. The tuner was toast,

My tuner on Kimberlite has all connections on the outside so that cannot happen again.

I do have the stock Amel whip antenna. I have had very good connections to my friend in Canada from the Med.

I would not change it.

Fair Winds

Eric