Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Amel54 SSB installation

Teun BAAS

Hi Dean,

When I bought my 54 she also missed the OEM AMEL whip.

I asked AMEL to send a new whip and they suggested to have a backstay antenna as it would be very difficult & cost prohibitive to ship an AMEL whip to NEW CALEDONIA.

So that’s what I did – reading the suggestions on this forum I will make some modifications but will stay with the backstay antenna.

Best Regards Teun

AMELIT A54 #128

NOUMEA  NEW CALEDONIA

Dec 03, 2018   20:37:47