Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Missing furler release knob

greatketch@...

We are in luck... I happen to have the jib furler apart on my boat for routine maintenance.  I can photograph and measure the parts of the drive pin if anyone needs them.

One thing I can reassure people about, there is not a furling pin thief running around.  It is impossible to remove the pin without disassembling the furling drum.  It is possible for the handle to unscrew from the pin, and be lost.  The good news would be that the pin itself is still in the furling drum.

Note that this is the new style split furling drum.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA