Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Swivel Ball Stopper Plugs

Ian Shepherd

Ian,

just one question. As the stopper hole has no shoulder on it, how do you stop the plug from going too far in and disrupting the ball track?

Ian SM2K 414 Crusader Cyprus

On 04/12/2018 15:29, Ian Park parkianj@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Ian
That is exactly what I did. But I went to a machine shop, left the swivel with them and they made a perfect stopper, shaped to the ball race and with the alignment ridge on the outside. Not sure what the plastic was - it was very hard and a perfect fit. I believe it was a plastic rod the correct diameter they started with.
I should have asked them to make a few spares but I didn’t think about it at the time.
That ridge is important if the stopper turns the swivel jams. I used a short plug at first but one bearing would catch on the edge of the hole, stop and jam it he rest. It has to be a match for the bearing groove.
Good luck.

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN96