Re: Original Autopilot Integration With New Chartplotter

Cathy & Guillaume

Dear Amelians,

We became proud owners of SM hull #293 last summer... We received lots of help from Olivier Beauté and Bill Rouse, but there is still sooooo much to learn... This Forum is invaluable!

One question I have: the electronics on Carpathia is exactly the same as 18 years ago. Among other things, I would like to install a Vesper AIS transponder and a new VHF DSC/AIS (probably B&G V60), as well as create the beginning of a NMEA2000 backbone. How does it work for the antenna when two AIS systems coexist? The VHF will have an internal splitter but can there be another - external - splitter for the transponder, all this working from the same antenna, or do I need a second antenna?

Peregrinus, you seem to have installed this configuration? Others?

Many thanks for your help,

Cathy & Guillaume

s/v Carpathia III – SM2K#293