Re: Original Autopilot Integration With New Chartplotter

Craig Briggs

Hi Richard,
I had not picked up on that, nor that the Vesper Blue Box is also a Wi-fi router.

Does your IPad also include chart and radar along with the Vesper's AIS, as the B&G system does? With B&G, and I'm sure the other major players, Garmin and Flir/Raymarine, an Ipad or other smart device can act exactly like another controlling MFD except for autopilot control.

Cheers,
Craig

---In amelyachtowners@..., <middleton@...> wrote :

Craig might not know this but Vesper does sell both a black box AIS transponder and one with a display.  I’ve gone with the Vesper 'black' box - BTW it’s blue not black! - on my NMEA 2000 network.  The blue box repeats the NMEA info on its Wi-fi.  So I get an AIS display on my iPad, as well as on a chart plotter.

regards Richard
Maybe Amel someday, currently HR 35 Rasmus.