Re: Leaking a/c in salon

svbebe <yahoogroups@...>

Jeffery,

For what it is worth, I thought that I had an A/C leak in the salon;
however it turned out to be a slight leak under the galley sink. The
galley sink faucet was leaking into the bilge area below the sink.
This water migrated to the bilge compartments under the salon table
when the boat was sailed to windward.

I tightened the loose fitting and viola no more water.

BTW, the wand on the galley sink faucet can be a source of water in
the same area. The wand can leak between the wand and flexible hose.
When this leaks the water drips down into the same bilge area. To
check, pull the wand out and turn on the water at full pressure. If
you see any dripping, this water will be going to that same bilge
area. I found a source for the AMFAG wand in the US at
http://www.vmsintl.net/

Best,

Bill Rouse
s/v BeBe - SM2 #387
anchored Opua, New Zealand

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "rapp.jeffrey"
<rapp.jeffrey@...> wrote:

I have an Amel Super Maramu 2000, hull 323, built in 2002 to 2003 specs.
The a/c in the salon (only) leaks condensate, which eventually enters
the floor compartments in front of and under the sink, necessitating a
bailout. The problem, I believe, is with the design or installation of
the drip pan, which appears to have a corner missing from the
forward/port corner, allowing the condensate to drip from the pan. In
addition, there does not appear to be an adequete drain hose from the
aft section of the pan, which is divided into 2 sections.
Has anybody had this problem, and/or know of a solution?
Thanks in advance.