Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: shaft seals

Craig Briggs

Hi Bill,

Actually, I saw that notation on the original Amel drawing of the "C" drive, viz., either 3 each of 45 65 8 or 2 each of 45 65 12.

Hey! We should check with Brother Jose Venegas to see how his experiment with reorienting the seals is coming.

Cheers,
Craig SN68

---In amelyachtowners@..., <brouse@...> wrote :

It is true that two wider seals will fit, but you will lose the double protection of losing oil that was designed by Amel.

You know me...stick with the original design unless it is an emergency, or you have personally cleared your planned change with Captain Amel. And, yes I spoke with the Captain about a solar Arch with the help of a Romanian and a funny looking board.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018, 13:04 sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@... wrote:

Hi Bob,

3 each 45 65 8.  Or you can use 2 each 45 65 12.
All with stainless steel garter springs.
Cheers, Craig SN68

---In amelyachtowners@..., <hodginsbob@...> wrote :

Can someone please remind me of the dimensions of the 3 shaft seals that go on the Wear Out Bearing? I am not on the boat, but want to order spares to take back with me.

Bob
Gallivant
Amel 54 #31