Re: Original Autopilot Integration With New Chartplotter

Cathy & Guillaume

Thanks for all the advice, things are shaping up! (and contrarily to Richard’s practice, I do intend to use radar + AIS + fully integrated with chartplotter).

Craig, my mistake on the NAIS500 which, as you point out, has GPS. On the remote WR10/BT-1, I assume it won’t work on my original Raymarine AP which will not be hooked up to the NMEA2000 network. I cannot find the B&G AT10 NMIA converter José is mentioning but if it can connect a Zeus3 and my Raymarine AP, I will explore further...  At this stage however, I was planning to leave the AP completely independent from the network (only receiving wind info from the Hydra through NMEA0183).

Cheers, and thanks again!

Cathy & Guillaume
s/v Carpathia III – SM2K #293