Re: Original Autopilot Integration With New Chartplotter

C&G,
Understand your desire to have independent systems - (of course the next word is "but") - but, a super feature of integrating your AP with the network and Zeus 3 is the ability to have the AP follow a routes you've created on the Zeus.  We actually have the AP drive up and down the ICW that way. Of course, we keep constant watch with our WR10, and you have to manually accept any course change over 30 degrees, but it's great fun and much less tedious than constant driving.
Cheers,
Craig SN68 Sangaris

---In amelyachtowners@..., <carpathia3@...> wrote :

Thanks for all the advice, things are shaping up! (and contrarily to Richard’s practice, I do intend to use radar + AIS + fully integrated with chartplotter).

Craig, my mistake on the NAIS500 which, as you point out, has GPS. On the remote WR10/BT-1, I assume it won’t work on my original Raymarine AP which will not be hooked up to the NMEA2000 network. I cannot find the B&G AT10 NMIA converter José is mentioning but if it can connect a Zeus3 and my Raymarine AP, I will explore further...  At this stage however, I was planning to leave the AP completely independent from the network (only receiving wind info from the Hydra through NMEA0183).

Cheers, and thanks again!

Cathy & Guillaume
s/v Carpathia III – SM2K #293