Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Micron 66 Caribbean experience

Ric Gottschalk <ric@...>

You can also buy Seahawk 44 (much better & not available in the states))  in the in the Caribbean. Golden Hind in Tortola has it.  Also available in Trinidad. I get 4 years of use with it without a lot of cleaning.  The Seahawk 44 TF is sold in the states and can applied over the standard Seahawk 44. Excellent bottom paint.

Ric Gottschalk

Bali Hai SN 24

Annapolis

Sent: Friday, December 14, 2018 11:41 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Micron 66 Caribbean experience

How many gallons of paint does it take for two coats generally and a third coat at the waterline?  For Biocop TF, Seahawk specifies 331 sf/gallon, so at 53' by an average of 12 feet (my guess) it would be 636sf/coat.  That would be two gallons per coat, so a total of 5 gallons?

Seahawk recommended Biocop TF for both hard and soft growth in the Caribbean, and it will paint over the Seahawk CuKote I have now.  They recommend this as an improvement over the Islands 77.

It appears to be available at Budget Marine, so it seems I don't need to buy it in the States and carry it down to the Carib.  Can anyone comment on paint availability down there?

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.