Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sm fell off cradel

John Clark

I love it Bill!

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018, 6:22 PM Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@... wrote:

Sorry, I left off the words, "in my opinion.."

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018, 17:08 Bill Rouse <brouse@... wrote:
Yashar is absolutely the worst repair of a twice totaled Amel on this planet. It doesn't have Amel masts and the bulkheads are cracked behind the sloppy repair job.

Survey, Ha!

Forget about it.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018, 16:57 Jay Hosford jay.hosford@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@... wrote:

Yashar is the current name ,  located in MD

On Dec 15, 2018, at 3:42 PM, John Clark john.biohead@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Jay,
   I would be very very concerned.  Yes the boat could be ok, but if the damage occurred at a sensitive spot is cannot really be brought back to spec.

Fiberglass repairs can make anything look new again but cannot replace the strength of the original piece....might get close but not equal.

The Amel rig is by design bakery high tension setup.. It applies a lot of tension on to the hull....on purpose mind you, which helps stablize to whole  affair.  If say a bit of the hull near a chain plate were compromised that spot become a weak spot where the rig could fail.  Loosening the rig to compensate ruins the integrity of the rig design setting you up for rig failure.

I suggest you inquire with Olivier Beaute to examine the damage/repair before going forward.

I hope this is not the Amel formally known as PAPA II?

Regards,. John

SV ANNIE SM 37
Carriacou.

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018, 5:09 PM Jay Hosford jay.hosford@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@... wrote:

If it had good repairs and a survey how concerned would you be?