Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sm fell off cradel

james Hosford

To many boats out there fo 2 without those major problems

On Dec 15, 2018, at 4:21 PM, John Clark john.biohead@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Jay, that is PAPA II.  She floats.. is about all I can say

She was reportedly crushed when another boat fell on her in the yard.  Later she got stuck on a rock jetty and had the keel ballast.. along with the bottom of the water talk torn off.
The repair on the keel left her with a keel 6" shorter than spec.

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018, 5:57 PM Jay Hosford jay.hosford@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@... wrote:

Yashar is the current name ,  located in MD

On Dec 15, 2018, at 3:42 PM, John Clark john.biohead@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Jay,
   I would be very very concerned.  Yes the boat could be ok, but if the damage occurred at a sensitive spot is cannot really be brought back to spec.

Fiberglass repairs can make anything look new again but cannot replace the strength of the original piece....might get close but not equal.

The Amel rig is by design bakery high tension setup.. It applies a lot of tension on to the hull....on purpose mind you, which helps stablize to whole  affair.  If say a bit of the hull near a chain plate were compromised that spot become a weak spot where the rig could fail.  Loosening the rig to compensate ruins the integrity of the rig design setting you up for rig failure.

I suggest you inquire with Olivier Beaute to examine the damage/repair before going forward.

I hope this is not the Amel formally known as PAPA II?

Regards,. John

SV ANNIE SM 37
Carriacou.

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018, 5:09 PM Jay Hosford jay.hosford@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@... wrote:

If it had good repairs and a survey how concerned would you be?