Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Lost Halyard down main mast

Or use a piece of small link chain.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018, 18:41 Heinz Stutenbaeumer heinz@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@... wrote:

Hello It happened to me last year. I took a thin rope and tied several small steel nuts to it. Lowered from above. One has to watch the rope at the bottom. This went well after several attempts. Heinz
Quetzal SM 2000, 292

Am 16.12.2018 22:40 schrieb "bazgrayson@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hi All, i have a small problem. I was using the ballooner halyard to hold my new anchor as i was installing it. Unfortunatly my knot on the other end came undone and the halyard ended up on the deck beside me. The only good news was i had another line on the anchor so i didn't lose that as well.

Has anyone tried to rerun that halyard. I have tried feeding a small line with a small weight on it from the top of the mast but i couldn't get it to fall down. I'm not sure if there is a conduit at the top. So before i am reduced to drilling the rivets off the cover that holds the pin for the sheaves and pulling them off, all while at the top of the mast. Are there any other great ideas out there.

Regards

Alan Grayson

SM 406  Ora Pai

Ft Lauderdale