Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Cockpit Speakers 4"

Heinz Stutenbaeumer

I have the same speakers. Works very well
Heinz
SY Quetzal Supermaramu 2000 292

Am 18.12.2018 um 02:39 schrieb 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Steve,

I learned a lesson here with the speakers. I found some great sounding 4” DC Gold speakers with good bass but the speaker magnets were so powerful they threw off the compass and I sold them on eBay. I shopped for a long time and finally found a really great replacement pair with magnetic shielding that did not impact the compass. The best part is they sound awesome with a good range and are not too expensive. They will almost fit in the existing cutout from the original speakers. You will need to file the hole just a little bit bigger and drill more screw holes. You will need to fill the old holes with something like MagicEzy. MagicEzy - Cream is a really good color match. Other than that, the fit is pretty close even though they are round.

Here is a link:https://www.fusionentertainment.com/marine/products/speakers/ms-fr4021

I have had these for about 4 years and highly recommend them.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us