Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hf installation

Dave Ritten <ritten.dave@...>

Do it in the lazarette. The icom Atu is extremely well sealed and keeping the ground plate and antennae routing as short as possible Is a more important consideration

DaveR
Prospective SM owner

On 18/12/2018, at 8:52 PM, Stefano Biffi cptbiffi@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dear all, I’m going to install a new ICOM hf, should be a 7100 with pactor available in Italy. I will install a 7 mt antenna starboard, close to the EMEK marine solar panel arch. My question is: did you install the tuner inside the stern lazarette or just inside the cabin? I’am wondering about the different humidity between the places.
Thanks for your time

Stefano Biffi
N'EVEREST SM185
now in Italy