Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] M801E HF/SSB Radio power Supply

ngtnewington Newington

Dean,

The transceiver unit is fixed outboard of the chart table seat on the shelf. The tuner is located on the starboard side of the lazarette locker. The distance between the tuner and the antenna must be kept as short as possible.

This arrangement works fine, and is common practice on sailing yachts. in terms of humidity, the tuner is in a sealed box. Mine has been there for 12 years without problem.

I also installed a solar arch with double wind generators. The cables run in the conduit, provided but it is now a tight fit.

Nick

On 18 Dec 2018, at 07:46, trifin@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi again NIck,

Where did you locate the M-802 Transceiver Unit?

If somewhere around the chart table area, do you have any RF interference issues with the long signal cable run from the chart table area to the aft lazarette?  Did you have to install any suppression measures?
I suspect there is a dedicated conduit run for this cable but I've  used it already for my solar cables. (I've just realised maybe that additional unused conduit was meant specifically for SSB!).

Cheers
Dean

SY Stella
Amel 54 #154