Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hf installation

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Stephano.
The Tuner should be as  close as possible to the aerial so the lazurette is the place. Also the bottom insulator for the aerial should be above head height so you remove the risk of electric shock when transmitting. No  chance of an accidental hand hold.
Regards
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl

On 18/12/2018 20:52, "Stefano Biffi cptbiffi@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dear all, I’m going to install a new ICOM hf, should be a 7100 with pactor available in Italy. I will install a 7 mt antenna starboard, close to the EMEK marine solar panel arch. My question is: did you install the tuner inside the stern lazarette or just inside the cabin? I’am wondering about the different humidity between the places.
Thanks for your time

Stefano Biffi
N'EVEREST SM185
now in Italy