Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Antal main outhaul car for 1999 Super Maramu 2000

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi bode. A while back I had sail maker on board looking at my main sail. The inspection included me furling and unfurling the main. They were gob smacked at how good the Amel system was, better than any other they had seen. My car lasted to 2017 and probably 60 to70000 miles (we had done over 40) not bad I would have thought. I also successfully,  at minimal cost rebuilt it and expect a similar life. When I have time I will post photos and description of what I did. Fortunately I wasn't paying myself an hourly rate,  but it was fun.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean pearl

On 19 December 2018 at 12:21 "steve@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Ken,

After looking into this a bit more, I realize that you can't use the clew-block I proposed above (duh). I'm looking into other alternatives, but I don't have a better answer than the stock setup for now. Guess neither did Amel. So, disregard my comments above about replacing the track car. Sorry about the confusion.
-Bode