Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM Mizzen Furling System Gearbox Overhaul

Gary,

Thanks for this and ALL of the other detailed instructions that you have shared with this group over the about 15 years that have been a member. I do not think anyone else has contributed more to the success of the Amel Owners Group than you have. I have been thinking about you and your beloved SM Liahona, lately and have been hoping for an update on the hurricane repair.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 10:40 AM Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Wonderful illustration by Gary Silver !!!

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM Mizzen Furling System Gearbox Overhaul
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sunday, December 23, 2018, 10:33 AM

Hopefully I will never need what you have
just provided – but that is a wonderful Christmas
present!

Thank you very
much,

Porter McRoberts

54-152 Ibis

Excuse the
errors.  Sent from my IPhone Www.fouribis.com
On Dec 23, 2018, at 8:08 AM, amelliahona <no_reply@...>
wrote:

Hello and Merry Christmas to
everyone:
Some time ago I promised to
write up and share my experience overhauling the mizzen
furling gearbox/cranking mechanism on the Super Maramu 2000.
 I found the file with the included pictures too large to
upload to this site.  Efforts to trim the picture sizes (at
least with my limited computer savvy) didn't help and so
this is an attempt to make that information available to the
group.  I have posted the file in my DropBox account and
here is a link to access it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ixxsetx8biva86t/Amel%20%E2%80%93%20Super%20Maramu%202000%20%E2%80%93%20Mizzen%20Furling%20Gearbox%20Overhaul%20Final.doc?dl=0

It is a
Word Doc file so let me know if that doesn't work and I
will post it as a PDF.
I am
new to DropBox so let me know if this doesn't share
properly.
Bottom line is
that I can see few scenarios where the mizzen furling
"gearbox" needs to be disassembled.  The gears
can be lubed via other methods than disassembly, as depicted
in the document.
All the
best,  Gary S. Silvers/v Liahona Amel
Super Maramu 2000  Hull # 335Lying Puerto Del Rey,
Puerto Rico