From: Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Sun, Dec 23, 2018 11:41 am
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Dinghy for a 54

Courtney,

When you have that measurement from the back of the mizzen to the mizzen traveler, DON'T FORGET that the overall length of the dinghy includes the aft portion of the pontoons which exceeds the transom.

Also, when considering a dinghy like the 3D or Highfield brands, be sure to consider the oar locks and paddles located on top of the tubes. This becomes an issue when inverting the dinghy for storage. Because of the oar lock issue, I recommend either AB or Caribe brands for Amels. The style and location of the AB and Caribe brands, easily allow for hoisting the dinghy to an inverted storage position on the deck aft of the Mizzen.

I hope this helps in your selection process.

I am not 100% sure, but I believe that including the aft tube extensions alongside the Mizzen mast, I believe that you can store a 3.0 meter dinghy longitudinally and inverted on the aft deck...please check me on this...it could be only a 2.9m. However, diagonally, you can easily store a 3.2m, possibly blocking the deck access on the starboard side.
"Measure Twice, Buy Once."

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 5:36 PM Courtney Gorman Itsfun1@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks Mark I'll Try that!! By the way would any 54 owner mind measuring the distance from the back of the mizzen mast to the aft traveler specificly to the most forward part of the sheet?  Thanks
Courtney