Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Toe pulley (headsail)

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

I don't want to step on any toes here, but I can't imagine how the pictured pulley could work.  The ribs in the Amel pulley are meant to grip the jib-car positioning line so that it doesn't slide in the pulley. Just like an Anderson winch.   You are depending on the "grip" of the rope to prevent the jib car from moving under load from the jib sheet.  Just my opinion.

Isn't Amel going to provide these any more?  I purchased a set a couple of years ago from them.   It also seemed that somewhere back in time on this forum someone posted about having manufactured properly ribbed pulleys from stainless steel.

Sincerely,

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona
Amel SM 2000 # 335
One the hard at Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico