Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Purchasing House batteries in Martinique

John Clark

Agree with Mark that prices in the US will be very much lower.  I didn't suggest sailing back because, while it will likely be a smooth ride back...turning around to get to MQ or Windward Islands will be a more challenging sail.  Or well maybe not.  If you have time it might make sense.

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018, 4:46 PM 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@... wrote:

James,

If you are in North Exumas, why not just sail to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. It’ll probably save you at least $2,000 on any set of batteries you purchase throughout the islands. It’s just a 3 day sail. Or, Puerto Rico will have options.

I am not going to comment on the battery types you mentioned. Those would not be my first choices for many reasons.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us