Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Purchasing House batteries in Martinique

Mark Erdos

Ric,

Most islands do not recognize YIT. Some require the hiring of an agent to obtain YIT exemptions. This will add to the cost and along with freight will put batteries about 40-50% hirer than USA prices.

In addition, trying to find fresh batteries in the island can prove to be a challenge in itself. Before any battery purchase understand what the manufactures coding is and determin how long they have been on the shelf.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us