Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Toe pulley (headsail)

greatketch@...

Alan,

Those dimensions are very different than the Amel original cast pulleys, and the shape is also very different, with significantly less taper.

Amel's design has a 15mm opening on the outer edge, and 5.6mm at the "bottom" of the groove (ignoring the line gripping ribs). The bottom of the groove on the Amel pulleys is also not curved, but square.

We received two sets from Amel in September.  Are they no longer available?

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

---In amelyachtowners@..., <divanz620@...> wrote :

Further to this, I've looked closely at the pulley and the groove is actually wider at the outside than the inside.
As near as I can measure it, just under 10mm at the outer edge and just under 8mm at the inside before the curve. I think this angled flange with a 10mm polyester sheathed vectran core line pulled tight probably will do the job.
That's what I'll do at the end of the month and we'll see how it goes when soaked.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437