Re: How to remove the Mainsail furling motor on a 54?

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi Porter;

I did replace our main furler motor back in 2015 with a new one due to the top seal failure and water penetration.

I do vaguely recall having a similar issue during removal, but I do not exactly recall the solution. One thing I can assure you of is that it will come out and mast removal is not required. I do recall that there were hard plastic spacers that filled the space between the mast profile and the furler motor. I believe that the motor has to be turned in to the proper orientation to the mast in order for it to slide out. I will look through my files and pictures to see if it will jog my memory. Unfortunately we are not on board.

Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099