Re: Rubber caps for Lofrans

Alan Leslie

Some have deck mounted switches, others are on the actual windlass....
Deck mounted switches are easy to find...as are the windlass mounted switches, but it becomes an issue if you have had to replace the motor, as the new motors are bigger than the old ones....you don;t need to ask me how I know this....it's also an issue to get the rear housing on....the windlass needs lifting up.
I ordered new switches from Amel and recv'd advice that I needed new plastic surrounds....well I didn't need them and I have quite a few of those now. I have since discovered that the switches I have on my Lofrans windlass are quite common...and not necessarily marine.
Just go on Google and you can find them...and the boots....

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437