Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Rubber caps for Lofrans

Thanks, James,  I will have a  look.  Ian

From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of James Cromie jamescromie@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: 30 December 2018 14:09
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Rubber caps for Lofrans

Ian - It may be hard to find simply the rubber caps that fit perfectly.  In fact, once the rubber caps are removed from the switch, it can sometimes be hard to get them to seal perfectly again (in my own experience).

I have replaced my switches with the following and they are an exact fit and have included waterproof caps.  They are expensive, and I’m sure there are knockoffs, but these fit perfectly.  I saw some in Caraibe Marine in Martinique and they looked about the same and were less expensive.

James
SV Soteria
SM2000  #347

On Dec 30, 018, at 8:20 AM, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Gerhard,

 That's a very kind offer, but what I am looking for is merely the rubber caps rather than the switches themselves. My switches have worked for over 18 years without missing a beat, but I have to replace the rubber caps. I will try the manufacturers.

 Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Kiladha, Greece