Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Outhaul gear box - Outhaul Drive Shaft bottom shoulder bolt

Thanks, Bill and Eric.

I am not sure if my client's bolt at the bottom of the outhaul gearbox driveshaft was original, but his bolt does have a shoulder. It seems logical to me that you would engineer this bolt with a shoulder in order to keep the threads from damaging anything as the driveshaft turns.

Hopefully someone who knows his bolt is original will respond.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 10:13 PM 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

Kimberlite came with a heavy brass washer that is tapered slightly at the head of the bolt end. From memory the brass washer is about 3-4 mm thick.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376