Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Genoa sheet cars

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Miles,

assuming your Maramu is same as the SM in this respect. I took the screws out of the stanchion base and pushed it sideways to allow the car to slide off. However it was a challenge to get one of the screws out. Others have cut the sides of a short section the track off to allow the car to come off. This method assumes you don't need the full length.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 02 January 2019 at 14:23 "smiles bernard smilesbernard@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Happy new year !
We recently arrived in Barbados after fast crossing from Cape Verde’s
The boat was great but I noticed a few things that I now need to address
The port Genoa sheet car is worn at the point the shackles attaches.

I think it’s an original mid 80s a goiot car. It has a stylised seagull shaped ensign.

Does anyone know a suitable replacement for a vintage Maramu car and also how to remove / reinstall? I presume then come off the track fwd end. There is a stopper bolt head at the fwd end of the track so I presume I remove this and just slide the car off the track. Space for removal of the car looks really tight with a stanchion base though.
If anyone has replaced their sheet cars any info would be very much appreciated

All the very best

Miles