Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: TMD22 Turbo

Steve,

Another Amel School client, who, BTW is in the turbo business researched this for a Super Maramu TMD-22 client and reported this information:

"Based on that, the best choices for your clients as I see them are:
1.  Buy a new replacement for $1544 ($1844 with a $300 refund when the send back their old turbo): http://www.invasionautoproducts.com/petrtbtu464.html
If it were me, I would most likely choose #3.  It's basically a brand new turbo for $295 and some elbow grease.  They just need to see if the wastegate works and that there is no damage to the exhaust and compressor housings after removal and cleaning."

I believe this is the best information available.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 9:44 PM pandmdegroot@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

My TMD22 has a Garrett 466770-0006S turbo on it.  I purchased a new “cartridge”  (compressor/turbine and bearing block) for $300.  I’m waiting for the gaskets to arrive from Volvo, so I can’t tell you if it’s a success or not.  I could not find a complete “rebuild kit” on line anywhere. Feel free to contact me if you would like more supplier details on the cartridge supplier. They are in North Hollywood California.

Peter de Groot

La Querida SM207

Moss Landing, CA