Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Toe pulley (headsail)

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Mark,

I add my voice to the suggestion of 316 stainless  manufacture.(To the Amel design) I replaced mine with the alloy ones from Amel, only to have one fail again. Strangely, only one side has failed.

I will go stainless for any future replacement.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

Mangonui

New Zealand

On 04 January 2019 at 08:32 "mfmcgovern@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Mark,

They are still available through Amel intermittently.  The ones that I am making for Cara will be made from 316 Stainless Steel vs. cast Aluminum so they will be stronger to start with and won't have the galvanic corrosion issues the Aluminum ones have.

Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara
Deale, MD USA

---In amelyachtowners@..., <mcerdos@...> wrote :

Mark,

A couple of years ago, I purchased toe pulleys from Amel. Are they no longer available?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us