Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] TMD22 Turbo

jlm@jlmertz.fr

Bonjour,

On CottonBay the TMD 22 turbocharger is from GARETT it's cost 400 euros NEW,

You can clean the turbocharger(output side). I do this every year at first season start (2 hours work) ....

Good luck ....

Jean Luc on CottonBay

Le 02/01/2019 à 20:44, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] a écrit :

Steve,

I would be very surprised if you couldn’t find a shop locally. There are only three major manufactures of turbocharges worldwide. Garrett and Mitsubishi are the main two; I forget the third. This would not be a Volvo produced item. Once a shop sees it, they will know which rebuilt kit to use. They should not make any changes to the fan and use the one you have (this is important), the rest of the turbo rebuild are seals and bearings. Unless it is frozen from saltwater penetration, you should be able to have it rebuilt.

I would suggest checking with a local diesel mechanic and asking them where they take their turbo charges for rebuilding (this might cost you a beer). Or, pay them a few dollars to source someone on your behalf.

A quick Google search found this: http://bwscpanama.com/index.php/en/services/turbocharger-service-and-maintenance

Good luck!

With best regards,

Mark