Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Toe pulley (headsail)

Red1 Stella SM359

Hi Mark,

I am interested to get a set of these pulleys in SS if it is still possible.
I would have them shipped to the Baleares.

Regards,

Redouan Assar
Stella SM359

On 4 Jan 2019, at 17:19, mfmcgovern@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Danny,

Thanks for the endorsement.  It does seem like an odd choice of both material (Aluminum) and the manufacturing process (Casting vs.Machining) especially in light of all the excellent engineering choices made in the design and construction of Amels.

In any case, I am proceeding to make a set of 316 Stainless Steel pulleys for myself and for a few other owners who reached out to me.  My materials supplier had a drop (short stick) of 4" diameter 316L Stainless Steel on hand which will allow me to make a set of pulleys for myself and for the owners that have contacted me.  It will also allow me to make a few sets of spare pulleys "on the shelf" and available for immediate shipment.  The cost will be US$190/pulley.  I expect to have them completed on or around January 18th.

Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara
Deale, MD USA