Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow nav light re-wiring

Joe Nance

Hi Thomas,

I had this issue a few years ago.  The wires had corroded (green) all the way back to the junction box in the port locker so I replaced everything from that point.  I don't remember the exact details but it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.  I definitely did not have to remove the pulpit.  As Paul & Sue mentioned just attache a chase to the old wire before you pull/push it out.  The wire goes up to the top rail and around the bow.  I think I used some sort of lube on the wire but it went pretty well.

Best of luck,

Joe & Tracie
SV CloudStreet,
SM #331
Grenada

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 1:47 PM Paul LaFrance pflafrance@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thomas
We had a similar re-wiring problem. We simply tied a leader line to the electrical wire and gently pulled it through the opening.  Once through we  re-threaded the new wire back up the stanchion.

Paul & Sue LaFrance
Former owners of SV NOMAD SM#362