Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow nav light re-wiring

karkauai

Hi Tom,
If you haven’t already, switch to LEDs.  You can use a much smaller wire which will be much easier to run.  Definitely use some kind of lube, it will go much easier. (Soapy water or a wire-pulling lube).  I lost my messenger when pulling the old wires (the wire broke).  I was able to pull it back from the fixture end and threaded a 1/4” steel fishing tape with a little difficulty.  Others suggested using a ferrous nut tied to your messenger and coaxing it along with a strong magnet.  Very cool don’t ya think?  I’ll definitely try that some day.

Kent
S/V Kristy
SM243
Ft Lauderdale for a few days.