Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Head sail furling, Heading to S Pacific

karkauai

Thanks Miles, so I’m envisioning the line running along the deck and up against the cockpit coaming, rather than thru another block or two that keep it outboard by the rail.  Is that right?

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Jan 4, 2019, at 4:01 PM, 'Miles Bidwell' milesbid@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Kent,

I will try to draw a sketch.   I recall that I put two blocks on the first or second starboard station base.  The lines then run straight down the deck and attach to the bungee that continues to the big aft cleat.   I found that I had to tie the knot just aft of the forward block on the line that would be running aft as the sail furled so it didn’t run through a block.   I am a bit fuzzy as I last used this about 15 years ago after the motor drive plate came adrift.

Carol sends her best and she and I hope to meet Iris someday.

Miles

s/y Ladybug, sm 216