Re: what's the best line for my mainsail boom?

greatketch@...

Alex,

New England Ropes makes a Vectran cored line called "V-100" that has very low stretch, a high friction polyester cover, is available in 12 mm, is very tolerant of going around the small diameter sheaves in the mainsheet system, and is easy to splice.  It is a very "solid" line with no tendency to squash down under load.

There are other lines that are also suitable, but this is the one I have been using with good success on the Amel outhauls and travelers.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
North Bimini, Bahamas