[Amel Yacht Owners] VHF issues

Sv Garulfo

Hello,
we have also been experiencing intermittent transmission and reception issues with our main VHF iCom IC-M505, as we noticed that we had a better range with the portable one.
We have conducted several inconclusive tests (with main and cockpit speaker, without phone/wifi interference), checked the wiring at the chart table, and the antenna ends. All connections look healthy.

Any other suggestions for additional troubleshooting?
Any recommendations on how to switch to the mizzen antenna? (do you swap antennas with the AIS)

@Mohammad: how did your issue get resolved?

Thanks for your help,

Thomas
GARULFO A54-122
San Blas, Panama
Previous related thread: "Raymarine Ray240 VHF"   here

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 at 01:51, 'Mohammad Shirloo' mshirloo@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Duane;

We are also experiencing intermittent issues with the VHF. Our issue is reception, we seem to be transmitting fine. So when we have issue we transmit on the main VHF with the mast mounted antenna and receive on the handheld.

We have done numerous power and transmission tests and get intermittent results. We are going to replace the antenna at this year's haul out.

Does any one have a good recommendation for an antenna for a 54?

Respectfully;
Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099