Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] VHF issues

Mark Erdos

Thomas,

We still have the original Shipmate VHF installed so not sure how much help this thought is; we experienced similar issues a couple of years ago. We noticed in the Bahamas a vessel anchored within a few yards of us hailed the Exuma Land and Sea Park about 15 miles away and got a response. When we hailed the park couldn’t hear us (boats near us could hear our transmission).

After going through the same process as you checking all connections etc. I eventually replaced the antenna on top of the mast. This solved our problem.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us