Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] march pump

Eric,

I am not sure what you are referring to. Are you referring to the AC saltwater pump motor? If so, the March Magnetic Drive pump motor is isolated from the saltwater with a magnet. Thus, there is virtually no heat transfer from pump to motor.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970
My calendar:
https://theamelschool.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019, 12:58 'Kimberlite' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@... wrote:

Hi Bill,

I was wondering why the WC (water cooled) units are not recommended?

I did not like the look of the open frame AC (air cooled)  units.

Fair Winds

Eric