Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] march pump

Eric,

Yes, I do not like the AC because it will rust when exposed to saltwater. I find it interesting that the AC model was used and specified by Cruisaire.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 4:15 PM eric kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,
The march pump starting with AC is an open body pump and is not intended for wet environments according to the manufacturer.  I bought the AC-MD-5
and It rusted in a dry locker..
I called March today . They said I should have used the Lc-md-5 it is water cooled and submersible.
I took a look at it --looks like a better choice. same hookup just water cooled.
Fair Winds,
EriSM 376 Kimberlite

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 03:24 PM, Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Eric,

I am not sure what you are referring to. Are you referring to the AC saltwater pump motor? If so, the March Magnetic Drive pump motor is isolated from the saltwater with a magnet. Thus, there is virtually no heat transfer from pump to motor.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970
My calendar:
https://theamelschool.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019, 12:58 'Kimberlite' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@... wrote:

Hi Bill,

I was wondering why the WC (water cooled) units are not recommended? i Think it was an AC-md05

I did not like the look of the open frame AC air cooled  ( I bought one and just sitting around in a dry locker ir became cooled)  units.

Fair Winds

Eric