Re: Heat Exchanger -- Volvo MD22 - Perkins Prima M50

Herbert Lackner

Hi Craig,

if you do not have a sleeve installed then the tube goes through the baffle plate with some space (~1-2  mm) left between the plate and the tube. that means that not all the cooling liquid will run through the heat exchanger, some will circulate just through the space between the tube and the plate. right?

Has anyone installed the sleeve? I was not installed on mine, but it seems to me that it should be installed...  I have a sleeve in my spare parts, just do not know if I make anything better or worse if I install it according to the manual

thx, herbert