Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] march pump

Mark & Debbie Mueller

Hi Eric,

I was curious and looked at the March info.  I believe the 'AC' designation refers to an open style motor that should not be exposed to the possibility of water getting on the motor.  The 'CP' designator is an open drip proof motor that would tolerate exposure to some drippage (?) from above.  They also have TEFC motors available for some direct exposure to water.  However, I think all these motors except the 'LC' submersible variety are standard carbon steel motor housings with some form of a painted finish that apparently does not tolerate a salt air or humid environment i.e. they all will show surface rust at some time.  Good luck with your preventative maintenance project.

Mark Mueller
Brass Ring A54