Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] March Liquid cooled pump

Here is the Calpeda from the UK: https://www.colglo.co.uk/product.php?product=CALPB-CM20. If you are in St. Martin, I suspect that you can find the Calpeda, or at least someone to order it.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 11:51 AM Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
Eric,

March pump flow of the LC-5C-MD Mag Drive Pump is "Max Flow 14.5 GPM." That is 870GPH. The reseller, marinepartssource.com, has exaggerated the output to 1,000GPH. The March spec sheet is here: http://www.marchpump.com/pumps/series-5/lc-5c-md/

Also, I can't find a higher output for this "Series 5" March pump.

Additionally, the AC-5C-MD Magnetic Drive Pump (March Pump recommended by Veco and Coastal Climate Control) is rated by March at 17GPM or 1,020GPH. This may be the reason they recommend this pump.

I believe the output is too low on the AC-5C-MD, and suggest that you keep searching.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 9:08 AM Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
Eric,

Agree, but I wonder why Veco (manufacturer of the Climma AC) doesn't recommend this pump, rather another March pump. Possibly cost, because it is at least 50% more? As far as I am concerned, the March LC-5C-MD is the best pump to use for the AC. The only question I have, is there one that is 1200-1500. The first chance I get, I'll ask Veco why they don't recommend this pump. I'll let you know.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970
My calendar:
https://theamelschool.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019, 12:04 AM 'Kimberlite' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@... wrote:

Here is an example of a March liquid cooled pump

https://www.marinepartssource.com/1000-gph-230v-march-air-conditioning-pump-march-pumps-0150-0004-0600?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImYS954nq3wIVko7ICh0EWw0hEAQYBSABEgI7FvD_BwE#

I had the pump in my hands in St Maarten. It is totally encapsulated in  what appears to be some form of epoxy and NOT PAINT  and there is no way for it to rust.

There are 2 copper pipes coming from the pump section to cool the motor. I would however get the next size larger to get maximum water volume.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

I believe this is the wat to go.