Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Auto Prop Bearings

One more thing I would like to add to this thread for everyone that I trust is beneficial.

There is another US distributor. I am not sure what is going on with AB Marine and Brunton's, but AB did not share the booth at Anapolis with Brunton's. King Propulsion shared the booth. I know a lot of you have dealt with AB, but I believe that King Propulsion is the Official US Agent & Distributor...at least they say they are at https://kingpropulsion.com/ AND I see no such mention at AB Marine. Also, one of my clients had AB overhaul his AutoProp and one of the bearings was installed reversed, which caused a failure. BTW, King Propulsion diagnosed the problem via a photo I sent him. AB repaired the prop at no charge, but you all know the other costs in exchanging props.

King Propulsion is owned and operated by Dr. Roderick (Rod) Sampson Roderick.Sampson"at"kingpropulsion.com . I know Rod and believe he is an expert. Rod is a qualified Naval Architect, versed in propeller and hull form hydrodynamic testing, and a retired University Professor. Both Brunton's UK and King Propulsion are Amel School Preferred Vendors.

I hope this helps all of you.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 9:52 AM Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Here is a link that might help you:

http://www.nikimat.com/auto_prop_h6.html

Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Auto Prop Bearings
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 5:58 AM

Hi Mark,
Were you successful in obtaining all
the parts you needed for the rebuild of the H6?  If so, can
you post the source and list of required
parts?
Is the spanner
wrench required for the rebuild?
Thanks,