Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Engine blower fan

I suspect that the engine's heat exchanger does 99% of the job in cooling the engine and the blower/fan does the rest of the job for the engine. I suspect the blower/fan's primary mission is to ventilate petroleum fumes and make the engine room a better place for you.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 10:40 AM smiles bernard smilesbernard@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello there
I was wondering about the fragility of an engine cooling system that relies on an electric blower /fan
This I presume is the case for all Vintage Maramus - not sure if it’s also the case for Super Maramus too?
In the older Maramus like mine the blower fan is located in the port cockpit seat coaming area
I wondered if in the case of the electric fan failure it would be ok to simply remove the fan altogether and let the engine draw/suck air through he delivery ducts that the blower uses.
Any thoughts on this one?
Is the blower fan actually necessary in case of failure ?

Thoughts and any experience much appreciated

All the very best

Miles
Maramu 46 #162
Barbados