Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Freezer Insulation

Danny,

Check the weird looking freshwater pipe/hose fitting near the floor behind the clothes washer. It is a filter and hose coupling. I had it start leaking. it is #5 on my list.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 5:14 PM Danny and Yvonne SIMMS simms@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks Bill,

I shall search on. Hardly use the aircon, haven't used the clothes washer in a while, done a fairly good first look at the under sink piping but there is a slight leak in the water system somewhere as the pump isn't holding pressure like it used to. That could be anywhere but the accumulation suggests a central point.

Thanks again and wishing you and Judy all the best for the year ahead.

Danny

SM 299

Ocean pearl

On 18 January 2019 at 11:29 "Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Danny,

Most common sources in order are:
  1. Cracked condensation plastic collection box on Salon AC
  2. Partially clogged AC condensation drain
  3. Cracked galley sink spray handle near the hose connection
  4. Partially clogged Clothes Washer drain
  5. Leaking fresh water connection to the clothes washer
  6. Leaking drain under the sink
  7. Leaking freshwater pipes/hoses under the sink
Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 10:48 PM Danny and Yvonne SIMMS simms@... [amelyachtowners] < amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Duane,

from the comments by my frig tech your experience is far more common than mine, he indicated I was all but unique so I am the lucky one. I gathered from him that often, mostly it was bilge water sloshing around that causes the problem and I have never had water sloshing around under my freezer.........until today. Just goes to show, never say never. Fresh water at that. I have yet to discover the source but I suspect a very slow accumulation. My water tank has not been full (the breather exits to this area) and I cant see any leaks in the fresh water system under the sink.This area connects. Haven't been using the aircon much, just a bit of running to keep them functioning. Freezer water cooling feed line?

I shall find it!!

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

Mangonui

New Zealand

On 17 January 2019 at 01:33 " sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners]" < amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Danny,

Thanks for the reply.  I can't imagine another reason.  The insulation is soaked around and above that insulation bottom to wall joint, and the insulation was pourous and cracked.  It wasn't wet above the joint very far.  If it were the seal leaking cold air then the wet would start at the top.

I guess I'm just lucky.

Duane